To become a member of the Political and Legal Educators Association of Western Australia please complete your membership application here.
Teachers of Politics and Law as well as Civics and Citizenship will find helpful resources on this page.
CIVICS AND CITIZENSHIP RESOURCES
The purpose of these resources is to provide a suggested guide as to how to approach the sequencing and resourcing of the Civics & Citizenship WA Curriculum between Years 5 and Years 10. We are grateful for the collaboration and expertise of numerous educators in the creation and refinement of these materials. We encourage you to utilise the education services of the Constitutional Centre WA, Parliament House WA and Francis Burt Law Education Program to facilitate and support teaching and learning of Civics and Citizenship for your students.
* Please note: PLEAWA does not endorse any specific publications that may be referenced in these sample resources (beyond our own). Resources listed were those that the teachers who prepared these samples have accessible or found helpful.
Thank you to those teachers who have shared their resources. If you would like to share your resources please contact the PLEAWA Secretary.
INAUGURAL PLEAWA TEACHMEET
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING SESSION 27 FEBRUARY 20191.-Quizlet-PP.pptx
2018 WACE POLITICS AND LAW UNITS 3 & 4 EXAMINATION - REVIEW
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING SESSION FEBRUARY 2019WACE-Examination-Review.pptx
2016 WACE POLITICS AND LAW UNITS 3 & 4 EXAMINATION - REVIEW
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING SESSION 24 FEBRUARY 2017
2019 PLEAWA TEACHMEET
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING SESSION AUGUST 2019
1. Year 7 Referendum Worksheet
2. Year 7 Mock Trial Activity and Workbook
3. Year 8 Principles of Democracy Workbook
4. Year 8 Principles of Democracy PPT
5. Years 8-10 Teaching via Twitter
6. Year 8 Petition Activity
7. Years 8-10 Model UN debate
8. Year 9 Elections
9. Year 9 Elections Assessment
10. Teaching Civics via debates